LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A fire has destroyed the home of a family in the Palmetto area, taking away with it their pet.
The fire happened Tuesday on County Road 51 in southern Lee County.
No one was injured, but the family lost precious items of a deceased family member.
“My daughter’s pictures and photos," said Cynthia Spearman. "She was killed by a drunk driver when she was five. That was quite devastating to me.”
Spearman got word of the fire while she was at work from her mother.
“It was a lot of smoke, you could see the smoke from Palmetto Road, even before we got here, said Mildred Collins. "The flames were leaping up out of the house."
The Spearmans lived at the location for 18 years. She says she received the news from her mother while she was at work.
Sadly, the family’s dog, Roxie, did not make it out alive.
The home is a total loss and no cause has been determined.
The family is accepting donations. The donations can be sent or delivered to 112 County Road 778 in Lee County.
- Family picking up the pieces following fire
- Residents in Booneville, Prentiss County picking up the pieces after Tropical Storm Olga leaves debris and damage
- Republicans pick Reeves for governor
- Trump picks Kavanaugh for Supreme Court
- Trump picks Nauert to be UN ambassador
- Debris pick up finishes in Hamilton
- Hurricane Dorian picks up steam, menaces Florida
- Starbucks' new store concept: Pick-up only
- Mooreville house fire kills family's pets
- Clay County family home destroyed after fire