TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Family members confirmed the identity of the young boy who died as a result of child abuse.
It’s a case that Tupelo Police said they will release more information on Tuesday.
Joshua Oakley | Source: Tupelo Police Department
Family members said 6-year-old Camden Blair died on Saturday at Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock.
Gregg Ellis, the communications director for the Tupelo Public School District, said Blair was a student at Parkway Elementary School.
His classmates spent Monday writing tributes, and grief counselors were on hand for students.
Tupelo Police responded on Nov. 13 to the emergency room due to Blair suffering from non-accidental life-threatening injuries.
Days after that report, officers charged Joshua Oakley, 29, of Tupelo, with felony child abuse.
Updated Article - Tupelo Police charge child abuse suspect with capital murder
Previous Article - Child's injuries lead to abuse arrest in Tupelo
The Parents Teacher Organization for Parkway Elementary School met Tuesday to discuss a tribute for Blair.
They hope to do something after the holidays.
- Family identifies deceased child abuse victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- Tippah County coroner identifies deceased in church shooting
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- Aurora victim identified as MSU graduate
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide