COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A family was able to escape a house fire in Columbus.
The fire happened in the 2500 block of Fourth Avenue North sometime near 2 p.m. Tuesday.
A grandmother, Valerie Hubbard, and her 2-year-old grandchild Zyan Scales were inside at the time the fire erupted.
The two, including a puppy named Blue, got out safely.
At this time, the cause of the fire is under investigation.
All donations can be sent to 71 Sugar Hills Crawford, MS 39743.
- Grandmother, 2-year-old unhurt after escaping Columbus house fire
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Firefighters respond to Columbus house fire
- Abandoned house catches fire in Columbus
- Columbus superintendent Hickman fired
- Columbus fire truck in accident
- No injuries in Columbus fire
- Man charged with shooting into Columbus house
- Report: 2-year-old found after car stolen
- REPORT: Columbus police officer fired, other suspended