PALMETTO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Palmetto family is now left without a home after it was destroyed in a fire on Friday.
Homeowner Mareco Swingrum said it is unknown how the fire started but has left his home as a total loss.
"I feel lost right now because I lost everything we had,” Swingrum said.
But his mind isn’t focused on his home, but on his 4-year-old son who has been in the hospital for the last three days.
"Tuesday, we went to the lake and the movies,” Swingum said. “Wednesday morning, my son was coughing really bad and breathing really hard, so we took him to the hospital."
He was then diagnosed with asthma.
"Now he is doing better, and hopefully we will be discharged so we can go home either today or tomorrow,” Swingrum said.
- Family deals with house fire while child in hospital
- Mooreville house fire kills family's pets
- Family loses home in overnight house fire
- Family escapes Lee County house fire
- Amory family recovering after overnight house fire
- ATV crash sends child to hospital
- Pontotoc house fire sends one person to hospital
- One person transported to hospital after house fire
- Family identifies deceased child abuse victim
- Family notices house fire after a walk to the mailbox