TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Family and friends remembered Detective Steven Wade as he was laid to rest on Saturday.
Wade was 37-years-old. He died suddenly Tuesday morning due to heart conditions.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE: Tupelo police detective passes away
Family and friends tell WTVA Wade will be truly missed.
"We enjoyed fishing," said Jesse Gambrel, one of Wade's cousins. "Me and my dad and Steven use to fish all the time. We would go camping, hunting, all different activities."
"Steven would make you laugh and make you smile," said Kiefer Cummings, one of Wade's friends. "He used to pick on me about singing all the time. He would by like, 'Sing a note!"
"He was a jokester," said Leslie Austin, another friend of Wade's. "I remember when Steven first met my wife, of course we were dating at the time. He gave her a hard time, basically a vetting process, but then he said, 'You know what, Amy? You are alright."
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- Tupelo police detective passes away
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective