BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A Prentiss County Electric lineman who died on the job last spring was honored Friday.
Jamie Guin was electrocuted back in April trying to restore power.
Mississippi Public Service Commissioner Brandon Presley presented a resolution to Guin's widow Anna Kate and their twin daughters.
"He loved anything with tree cutting and tractors," said Anna Kate Guin. "He loved his job as a lineman and helping others."
Guin spent 13 years with the company and died on April 4 trying to restore power on Highway 30.
"Too many times we don't consider and think enough about the sacrifice and the danger that our utility workers go into," added Presley.
The resolution was presented on behalf of the Public Service Commissioners Office and the state.
- Fallen Prentiss County lineman honored
- Troop honored in Prentiss County before deployment
- Community honors fallen deputy
- Prentiss County investigating multiple burglaries
- Oktibbeha County leaders, citizens honor fallen heroes
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Missing Prentiss County man found safe
- Prentiss County man charged with assault
- Child enticement arrest made in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Phone issues in Prentiss County fixed