STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The death of a cell tower worker has been ruled accidental, Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt confirmed.
John Wayne Womack, 43, of Arkansas, died after he fell from the tower Saturday afternoon in the Longview community.
Representatives with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) were on the scene of the death Monday morning, the coroner confirmed.
Womack was wearing a safety harness when he fell approximately 80 feet, according to Hunt.
- Fall from cell tower in Oktibbeha County ruled accidental
- Victim identified in cell tower death
- Starkville shooting incident ruled accidental
- UPDATE: Enid Lake drowning ruled accidental
- UPDATE: Columbus toddler's death ruled accidental
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Tippah County fire that killed twins ruled accidental
- Worker falls from water tower in Oxford
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County bridge closed for repairs