NEW YORK (AP) — Facebook says it is aware of outages on its platforms including Facebook, Messenger and Instagram and is working to resolve the issue.
According to downdector.com, which monitors websites, the outages started around 12 p.m. E.T. on Wednesday in parts of the U.S., including the East and West Coast, parts of Europe and elsewhere. Both Facebook's desktop site and app appeared to be affected. Some users saw a message that said Facebook was down for "required maintenance."
Facebook did not say what was causing the outages, which were still occurring as of 2:15 p.m. E.T., or which regions were affected.
- Facebook, Instagram suffer outages
- Louis Farrakhan, Alex Jones and other 'dangerous' voices banned by Facebook and Instagram
- Alabama family suffers storm damage
- Instagram users report massive decline in followers
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- Power outage hits Tombigbee customers
- Water outage scheduled in Oxford
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Power outages reported in Tupelo
- Man suffers stab wound in Lowndes County