TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Federal Bureau of Investigation is looking for as many qualified special agent candidates as possible.
"Our nation is diverse," said Erica Parker, a recruiter with the agency. "We need people that will mirror our communities. That’s really what we’re looking for."
These are the requirements:
1. You must be between the ages of 23 and no older than 36 when you apply.
2. You must have a bachelor's degree, with at least 3 years of full-time professional work experience, or an advanced degree with 2 years of full-time professional work experience.
3. You must be in top physical condition.
4. You must be willing and able to carry a firearm.
5. You must be willing and able to relocate.
Parker says the job is challenging but rewarding.
"The transfer is hard on some people," added Parker. "You will have to relocate. If you live in Mississippi, nine times of 10 you’re going somewhere else. It’s based on the needs of the bureau."
If you are interested in more information an invitation-only event will be held in Jackson on September 13.
You can request an invite here.
- FBI searching for special agents
- Local FBI agent honored with national award
- FBI, Mississippi agents probe hanging of black man from tree
- FBI agent: Man in burning death admits sex, denies timing
- ATF agents searching for guns stolen from Booneville pawnshop
- Fleeing man arrested by narcotics agents
- Woman accused of posing as ABC agent
- Drug agents arrest retired pharmacist from Nettleton
- Agent: Man charged with setting woman on fire offered alibi
- ICE agents to pick up Monroe County prisoner