TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Since the pandemic, North Mississippi Outpatient Rehab Center has helped survivors recover from post coronavirus effects like shortness of breath.
Physical therapist, Emily Davis, said the coronavirus can attack the lungs, which makes it difficult to breathe. Davis has two easy exercises you can do at home that can help.
- Find an area to sit down.
- Take a deep breath in through your nose and count to five.
- Then breathe out through your mouth and count to five again.
Davis said to do this technique for five minutes throughout the day.
- Find an area to lay down.
- Take a towel or sheet and roll it up.
- Put the towel or sheet under the base of your rib cage.
- Take a deep breath in and raise your arms up.
- As you breathe out, bring your arms back down.
Davis recommends you do this exercise10 to 15 times.
She added, the more you incorporate these simple exercises into your day, you will see your breathing improve.