PITTSBORO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Calhoun County family wants answers after losing a loved one in a double homicide in February.
Two suspects in the murder case sit in jail, but Lisa Armstrong-Justice said her family is demanding justice after her son's body was found in a creek 250 yards behind a home on County Road 285, east of Water Valley.
"I'm not going to go without something being done," Armstrong-Justice said.
Her son, Kendrick Armstrong, was found along with his friend, Sherri Turner Calderon.
"He was going through so much that he didn't have lights where he was living," Armstrong-Justice said. "She was welcoming him to stay with her till he got himself situated."
Christopher Keel, the homeowner, and his girlfriend, Trinity Hasting, are facing murder charges in the death of Armstrong and Calderon. At this time, the two await a trial.
"God said that he is going to fix it," Armstrong-Justice said. "So Lord, I'm waiting for you to fix it like you said you would."
A motive for the murders is unknown at this time.
- Family of Calhoun double homicide victim seeks justice
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- Mother seeks justice for son, shooting victim
- Family seeks justice for daughter's body found in Jackson creek
- Law enforcement working homicide case in Calhoun City
- MBI, Sheriff's Office assist with Calhoun City homicide case
- Family of Motel 6 homicide victim speaks out
- Barbershop owner seeks justice after burglary
- Calhoun County residents seek help solving flooding issues
- Law enforcement seek information about stolen ATV in Calhoun County