LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A Steens man is accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend last week in Lowndes County.
On January 18, Lowndes County deputies responded to the Applewood Drive Apartments for a disturbance call.
When officers arrived, the victim said she had been assaulted by her ex-boyfriend, Lejonthae Dunn.
The victim said she was visiting someone and Dunn came by to also speak with her. The victim said the conversation became heated and Dunn grabbed her and began choking her. He is also accused of throwing her to the ground, causing her to hit her head.
The victim was able to get away and run back to an apartment. Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley says Dunn chased after her and attempted to enter the apartment by busting through a storm door. However, he was not able to get in, Miley stated.
Dunn was arrested on Tuesday and charged with domestic violence-aggravated assault.
- Ex-boyfriend charged with domestic violence, assault
- Oxford man arrested for domestic violence, assault
- Hattiesburg man charged with domestic violence in Oxford
- Judge tosses domestic violence charges against mayor, wife
- Pontotoc man charged with domestic violence in Oxford
- Man arrested for domestic violence in Columbus
- Woman reports assault in Lowndes County; boyfriend later arrested
- Starkville man arrested for domestic assault
- Man wanted in Itawamba County domestic violence case
- Former Lowndes County investigator, wife arrested for domestic violence