OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - Tyler Keenan, Anthony Servideo and Thomas Dillard hit homers, Will Ethridge threw seven dominant innings and Ole Miss powered past Jacksonville State 16-2 on Friday night in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
Ole Miss (38-25) broke the game open with a five-run fifth inning that extended its lead to 10-1. Servideo’s two-run homer, which was just his second of the year, capped the frame.
Ethridge (7-6) gave up a run in the first inning, but cruised after that as the Rebels built a big lead. The 6-foot-5 right-hander gave up two runs on three hits and retired 20 straight batters at one point. He struck out three.
Jacksonville State (37-22) was hurt by two errors, including one during the Rebels’ five-run fifth. Garrett Farmer (5-2) gave up 10 runs, including five earned, over 4 2/3 innings. He walked four and struck out six.
- Ethridge, Rebel bats dominant as Ole Miss beats Jacksonville State 16-2
- Former Ole Miss Rebel Justin Reed dies
- Dillard's 2 HRs help Ole Miss clinch regional 19-4 over Jacksonville State
- Ole Miss rallies to beat Mississippi State 64-58
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 35-3 in Egg Bowl
- Ole Miss downs Kent State 38-17
- Hot-shooting Oklahoma beats Ole Miss 95-72 in NCAAs
- Arkansas beats Ole Miss 11-2 in Fayetteville Super Regional opener
- Ole Miss' Matt Luke, Rebels take stage at SEC Media Days
- Ole Miss introduces new on-field mascot at annual 'Meet the Rebels Day'