TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The annual music competition was held at the Elvis Presley Birthplace Museum on Saturday.
The Elvis Presley Fan Club hosts this event every year awarding three lucky high school seniors with a scholarship.
According to one member, several high school hopefuls sent their audition tapes in and the top 10 were handpicked by judges.
After the competition, the top three contestants were awarded up to $5,000 in scholarship money.
- Elvis Presley fan club hosts annual singing competition
- Birthplace hosts Elvis fan appreciation day
- Fans continue to celebrate Elvis Festival
- Elvis Presley traffic lights appear in town where he was stationed with US Army
- Elvis Birthplace plans expansion
- 20th annual Elvis Festival comes to an end
- People view Elvis' first guitar during Tupelo Elvis Festival
- Elvis Presley won't be easy to cast, but plenty in Hollywood are trying to fill his blue suede shoes
- Elvis appreciation day attracts visitors in Tupelo
- City of Tupelo celebrates Elvis' 84th birthday