TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo Elvis Festival kicked off its 2019 weekend on Wednesday night with a showcase concert at the Elvis Presley Birthplace.
The concert featured several Elvis tribute artists (ETA) in competitions past.
"I think because of today, these ETAs, they are keeping their life alive,” said Veronica Dupre from Houma, Louisiana. “His music is alive. Without these ETAs performing, I don't think his music would be as popular as it is now."
Tickets were sold out, as viewers came from all over the world to celebrate the life of the king.
The festival will resume on Thursday at 8 a.m. with the “Becoming Elvis Experience” held at the birthplace.
- Tupelo Elvis Festival kicks off at birthplace
- Elvis Birthplace plans expansion
- Birthplace hosts Elvis fan appreciation day
- People view Elvis' first guitar during Tupelo Elvis Festival
- Tupelo Elvis Festival continues to leave major impact on city
- Tupelo Elvis Festival named Top 20 event for June
- Tupelo Elvis Festival moves Thursday concert to BancorpSouth Arena
- Fans continue to celebrate Elvis Festival
- Elvis appreciation day attracts visitors in Tupelo
- City of Tupelo celebrates Elvis' 84th birthday