Elevator motor catches fire in Columbus

Firefighters responded to the fire at a building on Main Street.

Posted: Apr 17, 2019 1:06 PM
Updated: Apr 17, 2019 1:09 PM

COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Firefighters responded to a fire Wednesday morning in downtown Columbus.

The fire happened at 509 Main St, which is an apartment building. 

Fire officials later confirmed an elevator's motor caught fire.

The fire was contained, and no injuries were reported.

Article Comments

Tupelo
Clear
32° wxIcon
Hi: 44° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 32°
Columbus
Clear
33° wxIcon
Hi: 45° Lo: 30°
Feels Like: 33°
Oxford
Clear
34° wxIcon
Hi: 47° Lo: 27°
Feels Like: 27°
Starkville
Clear
32° wxIcon
Hi: 43° Lo: 29°
Feels Like: 32°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather