TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Representatives from McNeil Rhoads will begin inspecting electrical meters across Tupelo this week.
The city says the initial phase of moving to automated electric meters will being with the inspections starting Wednesday, January 24th.
Approximately 5,000 electrical meters are involved in the process to move to an automatic meter reading system, which doesn't require a meter reader to manually inspect and record meter readings.
Johnny Timmons of Tupelo Water and Light says the company will conduct a full inspection and you will notice inspectors by their shirts.
- Electrical meter inspection in Tupelo this week
- Electric meters in Tupelo transitioning to digital
- UPDATE: Tupelo meter installation rescheduled
- Tupelo electric rates going up
- Tupelo to install new water meters in parts of city
- CAFB workers injured while inspecting T-38C
- Road closing in Tupelo this week
- Scam targets Tombigbee Electric customers
- MDOT: Bridge inspection to cause some delays in Fulton
- Tupelo crews to begin road construction next week