CALHOUN CITY, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss ROTC cadets carried a football to Calhoun City where they gave the game ball to Mississippi State cadets in preparation for Thursday's Egg Bowl.
The "Egg Bowl run" is a relatively new tradition, but it's been a big hit each year.
MSU cadets received the game ball and transported it to Starkville. | Photo Date: Nov. 25, 2019
Calhoun City is the mid-point between Oxford and Starkville.
After receiving the game ball, MSU cadets then carried it to Starkville, where the football game will be held on Thanksgiving night.
Once at MSU, the cadets will present the ball to head football coach Joe Moorhead.
The Egg Bowl kicks off at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Egg Bowl run another hit for fans
- MSU reminds fans about Egg Bowl procedures
- MSU hosts ESports Egg Bowl
- Ole Miss, MSU cadets exchange game ball before Egg Bowl
- MSU quarterback undergoes surgery after Egg Bowl injury
- Mississippi State beats Ole Miss 35-3 in Egg Bowl
- EGG BOWL AFTERMATH: McGriff fired, Metcalf declares for NFL Draft
- Ole Miss withstands late Mississippi State rally to win the Egg Bowl, 31-28
- Ole Miss AD, coach, player apologize for urination gesture during Egg Bowl
- Funeral held for hit and run victim