(WTVA) - An Ecru man has been arrested in connection with a fatal 12-vehicle crash in Louisiana.
The man is identified as John White, 56.
He was booked into the Ascension Parish jail on one count of negligent homicide and 18 counts of negligent injuring, reports WAFB-TV.
Additional charges are pending as the crash remains under instigation.
The crash happened on Interstate 10 near Gonzales Wednesday night.
The TV station reports the crash happened while traffic was stopped on the interstate due to a previous crash.
Investigators say White failed to stop his 18-wheeler and caused a chain reaction with 11 vehicles.
Julie Holmes, 46, of Gonzales, died at the scene as a result of injuries suffered in the crash.
Eighteen people were injured.
The investigation is ongoing to determine why White failed to stop his truck.
- Ecru man arrested after massive crash in Louisiana
- Shooter on the run in Ecru
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Bulldogs rout Louisiana 56-10
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- Tupelo man found dead In Louisiana
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive
- Louisiana man charged with sexual assault in Oxford
- 3 from Mississippi plead guilty in Louisiana man's death
- Tornado touches down in Mississippi, Louisiana