ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - Hundreds of people gathered on Good Friday to celebrate the Easter weekend.
Friendship Baptist Church in Ecru held the "Praise Him, Pontotoc" celebration.
This involved many local churches.
"We wanted to unite the churches and communities of Pontotoc," Caleb Mills said. "Sometimes we have our difference in feeling and beliefs, but when you come together for a united purpose, it can really bring a community and churches together."
- Ecru church hosts celebration to kickoff Easter weekend
- Shooter on the run in Ecru
- Ecru Fire Department investigates abandoned trailer fire
- Three charged for Easter church disruption
- Storm-damaged church holds Easter service
- Ecru man arrested after massive crash in Louisiana
- Ecru man killed by step-son in Memphis shooting
- 2nd Annual Peach Festival kicks off in Ecru
- Okolona church hosts annual Christmas feeding
- Columbus business to host Celebrity Waiter Night