SCOOBA, Miss. (WTVA) - East Mississippi Community College has named its new president.
Dr. Scott Alsobrooks has been chosen to the lead the college.
He will begin his new post early in the spring term that begins in January.
In a news release from EMCC, the new president expressed his excitement and eagerness to begin working with the staff and community stakeholders.
Alsobrooks comes to Scooba from Pearl River Community College where he is the Vice President of Economic and Community Development.
He has worked as an engineer, grant coordinator, faculty member and college administrator.
Alsobrooks praised the state’s numerous community colleges, describing them as “second to none.”
He has earned degrees from Pearl River Community College, Mississippi State University and the University of Southern Mississippi.
Former EMCC President Dr. Thomas Huebner resigned in June.
- EMCC selects new president
- REPORT: EMCC president resigns
- EMCC names interim president
- EMCC selected for Toyota pilot program
- EMCC names Young interim president
- Rick Young resigns as EMCC's interim president
- EMCC hosts job fair
- EMCC football player dies in car accident
- New grant will help EMCC launch Plan2Postpone campaign
- Toyota donation to fuel EMCC students' hands-on training