TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Lee County jail officials foiled another contraband smuggling attempt.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson said a sheriff’s department employee was inspecting mail that was sent to inmate Randell Button.
He said the employee found a white pasty substance on the bottom of a letter, which was then turned over for further investigation.
The investigation led to the arrest of Emily Yingling, 23, and Button, 38, both of Blue Springs.
Both are charged with the introduction of contraband to a correctional facility and conspiracy to commit a crime.
Yingling and Button were arrested and charged for a similar situation in early March in which jail officials found narcotics hidden in socks.
That discovery led to a new jail policy which restricts people from bringing clothing to inmates.
Johnson also said Button is currently on parole out of Pennsylvania for two felony charges.
- Duo arrested in Lee County after another failed smuggling attempt
- Lee County duo charged with child abuse in Prentiss County
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- Duo arrested in Monroe County drug bust
- Two men arrested, charged with attempted kidnapping in Lee County
- Duo arrested in Booneville, face charges in Prentiss and Lee counties
- Duo arrested for burglary; more arrests expected
- Duo charged with attempted armed robbery in Starkville
- Oxford duo arrested for tobacco store robbery
- UPDATE: Wanted Monroe Co. duo arrested