LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Local law enforcement is trying to find a man accused of leading a deputy on a chase in two counties.
The driver, whose name has not been released, was seen by a Lowndes County sheriff's deputy speeding past on Highway 82 Friday afternoon.
Chief Deputy Greg Wright said the deputy tried to get the driver to pull over his Ford Mustang.
Instead, he led the deputy on a chase through Artesia and Crawford.
The chase ended on Robinson Road in Oktibbeha County near Oktoc. That's when the driver ran from his car into the woods.
Wright added that a person riding in the car was originally arrested but was eventually released.
As for the driver, he faces a felony fleeing charge, according to Wright.
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- UPDATE: South Carolina man charged after Golden Triangle chase
- More than 500 attend Golden Triangle Employment Expo
- Golden Triangle Regional Airport hosts TSA Precheck enrollment
- Golden Triangle men face drug charges in Monroe County
- Baptist Golden Triangle hospital provides free flu shots
- Chase with law enforcement ends in Derma
- Woman still being sought after police chase
- Man arrested after high-speed chase with law enforcement