MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The driver of a car involved in a collision with a farm tractor Monday morning has been identified.
Mississippi Highway Patrol troopers identified the deceased as Jamal Finnie, 26, of Okolona.
The accident happened just before 9 a.m., near Pine Grove Road, south of Shannon.
Those close to Finnie called him "Damian".
One of Finnie's former pastors, Frederick Adams, Sr. says he was gone to soon. Adams added he had just talked to Finnie a couple months ago. He learned Finnie got a job, and the two made plans to meet and catch up.
"He grew up to be a fine young man," said Adams. "And it's really shocking to the community to hear this news."
Adams says he visited Finnie's family after his body was identified.
"Just a total shock, you know," said Adams. "Just asking everybody to keep them in their prayers as they go through this time of bereavement."
- Driver killed in Monroe Co. collision identifed
- Three killed in Monroe County collision
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Two receive injuries in Monroe County collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Monroe County man injured in Alabama train collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision
- UPDATE: Prairie man airlifted to hospital following Monroe collision
- MHP: Driver dies in fiery collision