TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A driver fled from Tupelo police and later crashed near the Itawamba County line.
According to the Tupelo Police Department, a car evaded a safety checkpoint Friday morning in the Hilda Avenue area.
Hilda Avenue is located near the Highway 178/Highway 45 interchange.
Police say officers tried to stop the driver, but a chase ensued through the downtown Tupelo area
Officers stopped chasing the vehicle in the Skyline area, which is east of Tupelo.
The crash happened on County Line Road, which straddles the Itawamba County border.
The unidentified driver ran away.
Tupelo police have not provided the name of the driver nor any descriptive features.
Anyone with information can call a local law enforcement agency.
- Driver flees after crashing near the border of Lee, Itawamba counties
- Sheriff: Driver flees from safety checkpoint, later crashes
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Itawamba County shed catches fire
- Driver killed in Lee County Christmas Day crash identified
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- Car crashes into front of Itawamba County home
- Itawamba County crash claims life of Meridian man
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County