SARDIS, Miss. (AP) — A driver has died after rear-ending a school bus on a north Mississippi highway.
The Mississippi Highway Patrol tells WREG-TV that the wreck happened Wednesday morning on Mississippi 315 in Panola County.
The bus driver and 15 children on the South Panola school district bus were not hurt.
Aleisha Mackey, a parent who had just picked up her children when the accident happened, says people unsuccessfully tried to get a response from the driver. A helicopter took the driver to a hospital, where she later died.
The driver hasn't been identified pending family notification.
- Driver dies after hitting school bus in north Mississippi
- Mississippi school district needs bus drivers
- Utility vehicle driver from Mississippi dies in North Dakota crash
- Driver hits, injures pedestrian
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- 12-year-old dies after being hit by bulldozer in Mississippi
- Mississippi motorcyclist dies after hit by state trooper
- 20-plus school bus batteries stolen in south Mississippi
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman
- Lafayette County school bus hit from behind, no injuries reported