Photo Gallery 1 Images
Update 09/20/18 7:55 p.m.
The owner of the dogs, Cedrick M. Ford, 41, of Shannon, has been arrested and charged with one count of animal cruelty. He has since been bonded out. His bond was set at $2,500.
See the original post below.
MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - In what appears to be a case of dog fighting, several dogs have been seized in Monroe County.
This is just off Conoway Drive, south of Shannon.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says someone climbing a cell tower reported suspicious activity in the area.
Monroe County deputies responded and came across nine dogs which appear to be used for fighting.
"You can tell by looking at some of the dogs they've been fought," Cantrell stated. "They have scars on them. They have been fought, and also they have a bait dog out here they are going to use to make those dogs meaner."
Deputies also recovered creatine and vitamins at the scene.
The dogs have since been removed from the scene and taken to the sheriff's department. Officers hope to find them a good home.
Deputies hope to make an arrest in the case soon.
- UPDATE: Man charged with animal cruelty in Monroe County
- MSU football player accused of animal cruelty
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe
- Man faces marijuana charge in Monroe County
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Accused thief faces charges in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- Four face drug charges in Monroe County
- Monroe County men face drug-related charges