Update: The exit has reopened as of Tuesday morning.
See the original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews are working to clean up diesel after an 18-wheeler overturned.
The incident happened at the eastbound exit at Interstate 22 and Highway 45 around 7:30 p.m.
A spokesperson for the city says the Tupelo Fire Department responded to help with the clean up and police are directing traffic.
We are not sure of any possible injuries at this time.
At last check, the 18-wheeler was removed and crews were cleaning up what was left of the spill.
- Diesel spill causes exit closure in Tupelo
- Road closure In Tupelo
- Tupelo drivers expect temporary road closure
- Tupelo Christmas parade to force temporary street closures
- Road closure scheduled for Joyner area in Tupelo
- UPDATE: All lanes clear after I-22 spill
- Natchez Trace Parkway Thanksgiving Closures
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- Road closure expected in Amory
- Oil spills into Gulf of Mexico after underwater pipe bursts