Editor's Note: The following information is a news release from the City of Tupelo.
TUPELO, MISS. – The designated turn lane at Eason Boulevard and US 45 opened today at 3 p.m.
A project of the Major Thoroughfare Committee, the designated turn lane involved the removal of an existing island, installation of a new curb and crushed stone and later paved.
Tupelo Water and Light installed the signals.
This is the first phase of the project. Phase 2 will include mill and overlay and striping.
- Designated turn lane opens at Eason, Highway 45 in Tupelo
- Work continues on turn lane in Tupelo
- Tupelo mayor vetoes proposal to build turn lane
- Tupelo city council talks state flag and turn lane proposal
- Construction on turning lane in Tupelo nears completion
- Tupelo lane to reopen soon
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo highway reopens after 18-wheeler crash
- Officials complete final section of four-lane on Highway 72
- New bike lanes in Tupelo neighborhood receive praise and concern