LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A man is in surgery after an off-duty Lee County deputy discovers a wounded man.
According to Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson, there appears to have been a confrontation on County Road 54, which resulted in someone being shot.
The victim tried driving a vehicle but stopped on Highway 245. The victim waved down an off-duty deputy, not knowing he was a Lee County deputy.
The off-duty deputy realized the person had been shot and placed the victim into his own vehicle and took him to the hospital.
No names have been released at this time.
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Former Lee County deputy accused of falsifying time sheets
- UPDATE: 3 injured in Lee County crash involving deputy
- Lee County authorities warn of scammers posing as deputies
- Deputies respond to fatal shooting in Lee County
- Deputy discovers stolen vehicle while lending a helping hand
- Five wounded in Attala County club shooting
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Sheriff: Prentiss County deputies find drugs, arrest passed-out driver