LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A man is in surgery after an off-duty Lee County deputy discovers a wounded man.
According to Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson, there appears to have been a confrontation on County Road 54, which resulted in someone being shot.
The victim tried driving a vehicle but stopped on Highway 245. The victim waved down an off-duty deputy, not knowing he was a Lee County deputy.
The off-duty deputy realized the person had been shot and placed the victim into his own vehicle and took him to the hospital.
No names have been released at this time.
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Lee County sheriff's deputies capture murder suspect
- Cattle wounded, killed by dogs in Lee County; arrest made
- Lee County collision seriously injures tractor driver
- Former Lee County deputy accused of falsifying time sheets
- UPDATE: 3 injured in Lee County crash involving deputy
- Lee County authorities warn of scammers posing as deputies
- Deputies respond to fatal shooting in Lee County
- Deputy discovers stolen vehicle while lending a helping hand
- Sheriff releases ID of man who wounded deputy, killed self