PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – A deputy discovers a stolen vehicle while lending a hand to a motorist.
On Thursday, November 23, a Prentiss County deputy found a Chevrolet Tahoe sitting on the side of Highway 30 West near County Road 6011. The vehicle had its emergency flashers on.
Prentiss County Sheriff Randy Tolar says the deputy stopped to assist and noticed the vehicle had a Barnes Crossing dealer tag displayed on the back of the vehicle.
The deputy checked the VIN number, which came back stolen from the Barnes Crossing dealership in New Albany.
The driver of the vehicle, Shavorra Osborn, was wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections. The passenger, Nyairreo Friar, had a felony warrant for the Alcorn County Sheriff’s Department.
Both were transported to the Prentiss County jail, and holds were placed on them for other law enforcement agencies.
Sheriff Tolar says the vehicle was returned to the owner.
- Deputy discovers stolen vehicle while lending a helping hand
- Welfare check discovers stolen firearm, arrest made
- Deputy discovers wounded driver in Lee County
- Two charged with possession of stolen vehicle
- Oxford man charged with driving stolen vehicle
- Tishomingo County deputy hit by fleeing vehicle
- Tishomingo County drug investigation turns up stolen vehicle
- UPDATE: Suspect in deputy-involved chase was in stolen Jeep
- UPDATE: Man still sought after sheriff's deputy dragged by vehicle
- Woman discovers break-in while doing laundry