STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A sheriff's deputy in Oktibbeha County has not even been on the job for two weeks, but he is already being praised for helping a dog with an unusual problem.
Sam Collier responded to a call recently about a dog with its head stuck in a jar.
He chased the dog down and was able to remove it with the help of another deputy.
- Deputy credited with removing jar from dog's head
- 11 dogs headed to Minnesota die after van breaks down
- Credit card fraud suspects wanted in Tupelo
- Tupelo police seek credit fraud suspect
- Community honors fallen deputy
- Memphis' request to remove Confederate statue denied
- Confederate statues being removed from Memphis parks
- State investigates deputy-involved shooting
- Former Chickasaw Co. deputy arrested
- Louisiana deputies capture Noxubee fugitive