UPDATE: On Thursday, Roger Steven Rea was taken into custody by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
See the original article below.
MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Monroe County investigators need the public's help finding a man following a vehicle collision.
Investigators are looking for Roger Steven Rea.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Department, he's wanted for DUI maiming and possession of a controlled substance.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said Rea hit Joesph Walters head-on, on Old Columbus Road in Monroe County on January 31 sometime near 7 p.m.
Both Rea and Walters were taken to a hospital. The 33-year-old victim suffered major damage to his arm and hip.
Walters is also awaiting surgery for his knee.
"He might be partially paralyzed for the rest of his life and this hurts my family," said Jerry Walters.
The sheriff's department said Rea was supposed to turn himself into law enforcement after being released from medical treatment.
If you have any information on Rea's whereabouts, you're urged to contact the Monroe County Sheriff's Department.
- UPDATE: Man wanted in Monroe County in custody
- UPDATE: Wanted man now in custody in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Wanted duo arrested in Monroe County
- UPDATE: Man in custody following Monroe break-ins
- UPDATE: Woman accused of aiding wanted Monroe County man
- UPDATE: Wanted Monroe County man located in Florida
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- UPDATE: Wanted man now in custody in Clay County
- UPDATE: Wanted man now in custody in Lee County
- UPDATE: Missing Monroe County man found safe