COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Lowndes County investigators are still looking into the death of a 20-year-old man.
According to Lowndes County Sheriff Mike Arledge, 20-year-old Darren Tyler Hall died Sunday at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson from a gunshot wound he received Saturday night on Phillips Hill Road in Lowndes County.
"Investigation into the matter is indicating that the gunshot wound was self-inflicted," stated the sheriff’s department in a news release.
The sheriff says there were several witnesses present when the shooting occurred.
The statement indicates the shooting appears to be accidental.
Investigators are waiting for the final results from an autopsy, which is scheduled.
“Investigators feel that this was a tragic accident that took the life a young man.”
- Death of Lowndes County man under investigation
- Lowndes County office building fire under investigation
- Lowndes County investigators seek missing welder
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- Investigation continues into Lowndes shooting
- Lowndes County investigators charge Columbus man with sexual battery
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- Man arrested for Lowndes County armed robbery
- Man charged with extortion in Lowndes County