STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A death investigation is underway in Oktibbeha County.
According to Coroner Michael Hunt, a woman was found dead on Townsend Road. Her body was taken to Pearl for an autopsy.
Sheriff Steve Gladney said the call came in around 6:30 Sunday morning.
He said a pedestrian called and reported a body lying in the road.
The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the coroner responded to the scene.
The Starkville Daily News reported crime scene technicians from Jackson would also be on the scene in the northern part of the county.
- Death investigation underway in Oktibbeha County
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Investigation underway into death of Clay County inmate
- Project underway on Highway 82 in Lowndes, Oktibbeha
- Bond denied for Starkville man charged in Oktibbeha County death
- Starkville man charged with manslaughter in Oktibbeha County death
- Oktibbeha County investigators seek identities in credit card fraud case
- State Auditor: Oktibbeha County Board of Supervisors under investigation
- Arson investigation underway at Winston County church
- Lane closures expected in Oktibbeha County