EUPORA, Miss. (WTVA) - The new sheriff of Webster County is now on the job.
David Gore was sworn in on Monday to lead the sheriff’s office.
He has 35 years of experience in law enforcement working for the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks.
The Webster County native won 63 percent of the vote in November’s general election to win the job.
He follows former sheriff, Tim Mitchell, who was arrested and later pleaded guilty to embezzlement and trafficking in stolen firearms.
Andy McCants has led the sheriff's department since Mitchell's arrest in December 2018.
- David Gore sworn in as new Webster County sheriff
- Webster County man fires rifle at sheriff
- Webster County supervisors talk future of sheriff
- Two more Webster County sheriff's employees arrested
- Former Webster County sheriff's investigator pleads guilty
- Webster County inmates face charges
- Man points gun at Webster County sheriff, gun misfires
- UPDATE: New information on arrest of Webster County sheriff
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- Webster County now paying two salaries for sheriff