UPDATE 10/31/17 3:14 p.m.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Oxford Public Works says the damaged water main on West Jackson Avenue has been repaired.
The City of Oxford said customers may experience brown water or air in the water lines. The city recommends customers turn on an
outside faucet or the cold water in a bathtub and allow the water to run for a few minutes.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews are working to repair a damaged water main in Oxford and customers are asked to be patient.
The damaged main is on West Jackson Avenue between Price Hill and Heritage Drive on the north side of the road.
The City of Oxford says homes and businesses along Jackson Avenue will be without water until repairs are complete.
Once water is restored, the city says customers may experience brown water or air in the water lines. The city recommends customers turn on an outside faucet or the cold water in a bathtub and allow the water to run for a few minutes.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Damaged water main fixed in Oxford
- UPDATE: Crews fix damaged water main in Oxford
- Water outage scheduled in Oxford
- Crews to fix Fulton water tower
- Crews to repair water line in Oxford
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- Water Valley woman charged with Oxford embezzlement
- UPDATE: Oxford under boil water alert
- Report: Water main break repaired in Starkville
- Crews fix damaged railroad track in Monroe County