CRAWFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- The Mississippi State Department of Health issued a boil water notice for the town of Crawford.
The MSDH website states the notice as issued because of a loss of water pressure when someone ran into a fire hydrant.
The notice affects 1050 customers who get water from the system in Lowndes County.
Customers are urged to boil their water for at least one minute before drinking.
The notice will be lifted when testing shows water is at safe drinking levels.
- Damaged fire hydrant leads to boil water notice in Crawford
- Aberdeen making do with boil water notice
- Boil water notice inconveniences Starkville residents, businesses
- Mississippi Rural Water Association answers questions about boil water notices
- UPDATE: Cason Water Nettleton boil water notice lifted
- Boil water notice issued for some residents in Webster County
- Boil water notice issued for some in Noxubee County
- Fire destroys home in Crawford
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- Shots fired into Crawford home, investigation underway