SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) - School operations are back to normal after repairs were made to a natural gas fitting at Shannon High School.
Lee County School District Superintendent Jimmy Weeks said the leak started Tuesday.
He said students and staff members within the area were evacuated to other areas.
He said crews have replaced the fitting piece and the school is back to normal operations.
- Crews repair gas leak at Shannon High School
- UPDATE: Crews working to repair gas leak in Columbus
- Crews called to natural gas leak in Tupelo
- Road reopened as crew works on Saltillo gas leak
- Water leak repair causes temporary road closure
- UPDATE: Aberdeen school district dismisses early due to gas leak at high school
- Gas leak reported in Calhoun City
- Explosion in Bruce, murder or gas leak?
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Saltillo Sonic
- School officials detect gas leak at Ackerman Elementary