TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews were called to a natural gas leak Monday in Tupelo.
The leak happened near the Big Oaks subdivision near Road 811 in a construction zone.
The City of Tupeo says a piece of construction equipment punched a hole in the gas line, causing the gas to spew into the air.
However, Atmos Energy says the public was never in danger.
- Crews called to natural gas leak in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Crews working to repair gas leak in Columbus
- Crews repair gas leak at Shannon High School
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- UPDATE: Milford Street now open after gas leak in Tupelo
- Veterans Boulevard reopens after gas leak in east Tupelo
- UPDATE: Natural gas restored in Baldwyn
- Gas leak reported in Calhoun City
- Explosion in Bruce, murder or gas leak?
- Atmos Energy improving natural gas distribution system in Starkville