TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A good part of Tupelo lost electricity Thursday afternoon after the downtown substation lost its feed from the Tennessee Valley Authority.
Downtown was not the only area affected. Homes and businesses along Green Steet, Gloster Street and McCullough Boulevard lost power.
Outages were reported at the Cooper Tire plant and as far west as Walmart on Main Street.
Traffic was slower than normal along some of the city's major thoroughfares because the power outage knocked out traffic lights.
There's no word what caused the TVA feed to be cut to the substation at Highway 45 and Main Street.
- Power restored in Tupelo after Thursday afternoon outage
- Power outages reported in Tupelo
- Power restored after outage in Fulton area
- Power restored to Oxford area after outage
- Car causes power outage in Tupelo
- Hungry hawk causes power outages in Tupelo
- Snake blamed for power outage north of Tupelo
- UPDATE: Cause known for brief Tupelo power outage
- Accident causes power outage in parts of Tupelo
- Power outage hits Tombigbee customers