SCOOBA, Miss. (WTVA) - East Mississippi Community College is mourning following a fatal car crash that involved three student-athletes.
Gulfport school administrators confirmed Zae Crain, Jeremiah Braziel and Keon Moore were involved in a car wreck near Meridian on Wednesday, reports WLOX-TV in Biloxi.
The EMCC football players previously played high school football on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and they were headed home for the Fourth of July holiday weekend, WLOX reports.
The wreck happened on Interstate 59 in Clarke County, according to WTOK-TV in Meridian.
Moore and Braziel were injured, and Crain died on impact, according to Gulfport school administrators.
"The death of Zae Crain comes as an absolute blow to the EMCC family," stated Buddy Stephens, EMCC head football coach.
EMCC's main campus is located in Scooba, which is approximately 38 miles north of Meridian.
- Crash kills EMCC football player, injures two other players
- EMCC football player dies in car accident
- REPORT: EMCC president resigns
- EMCC names interim president
- EMCC selects new president
- EMCC hosts job fair
- Prayer vigil held for ICC football player
- MSU football player Reggie Todd arrested
- MSU football player accused of animal cruelty
- Houston football player dies after feeling ill