HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Chickasaw County sheriff's deputy has died following a crash.
Chickasaw County Sheriff James Meyers confirms Jeremy Voyles died from injuries he sustained in the one-vehicle rollover that happened Tuesday evening.
Voyles was assigned to the North Mississippi Narcotics Unit.
He was traveling with a state narcotics agent when their vehicle crashed on County Road 4, near Houlka, the sheriff confirmed.
Both officers were on duty at the time of the wreck.
The sheriff confirms the officers were not in a pursuit at the time of the crash.
Voyles was airlifted to the hospital in Tupelo where he died at approximately 4:30 Wednesday morning.
Prior to working at the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, Voyles worked for the Mississippi Department of Transportation.
Chickasaw County Sheriff James Myers says that Voyles was a passenger in the car when the accident happened.
Memorial Funeral Home announced visitation for Voyles will be Friday at 11 a.m. followed by funeral services at 2 p.m. at Parkway Baptist Church in Houston.
- Crash claims life of Chickasaw County sheriff's deputy
- Former Chickasaw Co. deputy arrested
- Sheriff: 2 motorcycles stolen in Chickasaw County
- Woman crashes into creek in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County deputies led on chase through multiple counties
- Chickasaw deputies: Man busted for cocaine, $5K
- Chickasaw deputies search for shoplifting suspect
- Indictiment sheds light on arrest of former Chickasaw County deputy
- Funeral services set for Chickasaw County Deputy Jeremy Voyles
- Tippah County crash claims the life of Pontotoc County man