NETTLETON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol says a Friday evening crash at Nettleton City Hall was not the result of a police chase.
The initial word was that the one-car crash on Main Street before 6:45 p.m. was the result of a chase involving the MHP.
However, MHP Master Sergeant Ray Hall says a trooper who had left a traffic checkpoint on Highway 6 came upon a speeding vehicle in town which crashed shortly afterward into a utility pole.
Hall says it's not clear if the speeding driver even saw the trooper.
No one was hurt in the crash. The driver was taken to jail.
- MHP: Nettleton crash not the result of police chase
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP releases more information on fatal Chickasaw County crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- MHP: Troopers on scene of serious crash in Prentiss County
- MHP releases information about fatal crash in Chickasaw County
- Nettleton police seek information about United Furniture vandals
- Nettleton may switch from elected to appointed police chief
- Election results