LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – The search of a Sherman home leads to the arrest of a man and his girlfriend.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, deputies and U.S. Marshals worked together to arrest Jason Wayne Chambers, 34, for failing to register as a sex offender in Lee County.
Jason Chambers | Photo: Lee County Jail
Malia Cox | Photo: Lee County Jail
He was registered as living in Lee County, at a federal probation facility. He was serving probation on a 2006 federal charge of threatening by mail to injure a United States magistrate judge.
Last week, the Federal Probation Service contacted the sheriff’s department to report that Chambers has failed to return to the facility.
A multi-agency search led officers to a home in Sherman. The home belonged to the mother of Malia Bridget Cox. The sheriff’s department says Cox was involved in a relationship with Chambers.
Chambers was arrested as a result of the search. He was booked into the Lee County jail on Monday, November 20.
Cox, 31, faces charges of harboring, assisting, giving false information regarding a sex offender. She was booked into the Lee County jail on Tuesday, November 21.
- Couple arrested following man's disappearance from probation facility
- U.S. Marshals arrest man wanted for Aniah Blanchard's disappearance
- Man on probation in government corruption case arrested again
- Iuka couple arrested for drugs and theft
- Man charged in connection with Mantachie teen's disappearance
- 26-old-man missing after late October disappearance in Corinth
- Man on probation for murder charged with felony child abuse
- MHSAA places Mooreville football team on probation
- Couple arrested following traffic stop in Tishomingo County
- Man sentenced to life in prison in connection with Booneville teen's disappearance