ECRU, Miss. (WTVA) - Pontotoc County Coroner Kim Bedford ruled the weekend death at the Ashley Furniture plant in Ecru a suicide.
She did not provide the name of the person.
The state performed an autopsy which led to that conclusion.
Bedford said law enforcement agencies responded to the scene on Saturday at approximately 8:15 a.m.
Previous Article - Ecru Police investigate death at Ashley Furniture
Ashley Furniture released the following statement on Tuesday.
"On Saturday, December 7, we lost one of our Ashley Furniture associates. Our thoughts, and prayers are with this individual’s family, friends, and loved ones. This is a tragic incident, and we join others who are grieving this loss.
Throughout the course of these past few days, we have been and are treating this matter with the highest sensitivity, including communicating with associates, offering optional leave and grief counseling."
- Coroner rules death at Ashley Furniture plant a suicide
- Ecru Police investigate death at Ashley Furniture
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ashley Furniture awards local graduates with scholarships
- UPDATE: Nothing found at Ashley Furniture following bomb threat
- UPDATE: Bomb threat suspect charged for Ashley Furniture scare
- Ashley Furniture employees donate big checks to two hospitals
- Ashley Furniture expanding in Ecru, creating 100 jobs
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- Death of Columbus man ruled a suicide