CRAWFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - One person died after a Thursday night shooting in Lowndes County.
The victim has been identified as Willie Baptist, 62, of Crawford, according to Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant.
The body will be taken to Pearl for an autopsy.
The fatal shooting happened in the 1500 block of Starkville Road.
First responders said a teenage girl called at approximately 9 p.m. and reported her uncle shot her grandfather.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Greg Wright said one shot was fired, there was a scuffle and a second shot was fired.
No arrests have been made at this time.
- 1 dead after Lowndes County shooting
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Crash In Lowndes County
- UPDATE: Shooting suspect arrested in Lowndes County
- Drive-by shooting reported in Lowndes County
- Investigation continues into Lowndes shooting
- Lowndes County traffic accident leaves one person dead
- Lowndes County murder conviction overturned
- UPDATE: Family identifies grandmother injured in Lowndes County shooting
- No indictments handed up against officers in Lowndes County shooting