TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Verona woman died after a car collided with a Lee County-owned tractor.
According to the Lee County Sheriff’s Department, the incident happened Thursday morning on County Road 659, which is near Verona.
The tractor was mowing on the roadway, the sheriff’s department confirmed.
The car was occupied by two people.
Two people were transported to the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green later identified the deceased person as Mattie Wheeler, 69.
Green said Wheeler was a passenger in the car.
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County collision
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire
- Lee County coroner identifies victim of weekend crash
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies deceased Lowndes County inmate
- Lowndes County coroner identifies Columbus body
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County