WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Clay County Coroner Alvin Carter Jr. identified the victim of Monday’s shooting in West Point.
He said Jamel Banks, 40, of West Point, was pronounced dead at the scene at approximately 6 p.m.
Previous Article - West Point Police investigate shooting death
The cause of death was from multiple gunshot wounds, Carter said.
West Point Police and state investigators are involved in the investigation.
- Coroner identifies victim of West Point shooting
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims
- Monroe County coroner identifies homicide victim
- Winston County coroner identifies victim of explosion
- Coroner identifies Lee County drowning victim
- Coroner: 23-year-old identified as Starkville shooting victim
- Coroner identifies deceased Parchman inmate
- West Point police identify auto burglary suspect
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies victim of fatal Lee County fire