STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt identified the worker who fell from a cell tower on Saturday.
Hunt said the victim is 43-year-old John Wayne Womack from Arkansas.
Hunt said the worker died after falling from the cell tower.
He said crews were working to build a new cell tower in the Longview community. The construction site is west of Starkville near Highway 12.
The fall happened around 2:30 p.m. on Saturday.
Hunt said the worker fell approximately 80 to 90 feet. The person was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office is handling the investigation. He is sending the body for an autopsy.
Updated Article - Fall from cell tower in Oktibbeha County ruled accidental
- Victim identified in cell tower death
- Fall from cell tower in Oktibbeha County ruled accidental
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Victim identified in fatal Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Victim identified in deputy-involved shooting
- UPDATE: Victims of fatal wreck identified
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Columbus fatal shooting
- Aurora victim identified as MSU graduate
- Sheriff identifies victims of Calhoun double homicide
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies Monroe County shooting victims